Friday, January 11, 2008

Reading through the Bible

Did you know that if you read 3 chapters of the Bible a day you can read through entirely in a year? I have done it at least 5 times and read through the New Testament twice in the past 7 years.

So with New Years day I have started my quest to read through the Bible again, I am at Genesis 37 so as you can see I read a few more than just 3 chapters.

The neat thing is that I pick up more and more things each time I read it and gives me a better understanding overall of my faith.

I'll be posting more blogs in the future and tell everyone where I'm at.

1 comment:

Paul Phillip said...

hey doc. i've actually been reading my bible too for maybe the second time in my life. if you do read it through in a year then you are seriously taking time out to read it because the words are soooo small. i'm at the book of Levi currently. i think i started in mid-dec. it seems the old testament is how God has not patience and just kills people left and right when he/she has problems with them.

since you've read the bible 5x how come you don't explore your faith and understand other faiths to become a more developed spiritual person? have you read the koran, buddha?

might sound off the wall to you, i don't know, but i think its important to understand where everyone is coming from plus all our faiths came from adam and eve all the generations of tribes right? well then our faiths are combined in some way.

i know my old school friends that were muslim and practiced it always told me Jesus was a great prophet in the koran. i've always wanted to find where he was in their bible. it be interesting to see their story of him.

-fn