Ever since our ADSL broadband service has been upgraded there has been one small problem, it hadn't been upgraded. I checked our router and it showed 4MB service (Although we didn't request that) but our results were closer to dial up speeds. When I checked our line speed online, I was right, it was closer to dial up speeds, in some cases even slower!
I did what I should have done a long time ago. I walked across the street to the cell phone store and in less than 10 minutes had purchases a USB wireless device with 1+MB download speeds already activated and ready to go. The neat thing about this is we can use it anywhere in Sri Lanka.
I brought it home, installed the software and instant 1-1.5MB line speed. Here we waited well over a month to get our ADSL upgraded, only to have it get times worse, where we now have wireless broadband for less than half the monthly rate we were going to pay. Incredible.
It's going to be interesting to see how long it will take to have our broadband disconnected from the phone company. That and there is no way we are going to pay for a 4MB line that delivered dial up speeds!