Friday, January 11, 2008

Get to know "Doc" - Part 1

Just thought I would fill in the times and places for my new readers. Where do I begin?
Hometown: Virginia Beach, VA, although pretty much after 1982 I have called everywhere else BUT Virginia Beach home. That would because of my time in the Marines.
After the Marines I've been a contractor, mostly overseas work and lots of travelling. Here is a list of places I've lived:
Twentynine Palms, CA
Jacksonville, NC
Okinawa, Japan
Beaufort, SC
Culpeper, VA
Manassas, VA
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
My suitcase
Baghdad, Iraq
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Montevideo, Uruguay
What place would I call my favorite? I liked Sarajevo, but Okinawa is also a nice place. But small towns are great, and you can't beat the southern hospitality and small town feel of Beaufort!
Here is a picture of me in Baghdad in front of the crossed sword, great photo opp place!

No comments: