Well my Google Chrome run didn't last past the install, kept getting an exception error crash, so it wouldn't work. Nothing had hit the internet yet but I knew I wasn't the only person with the error. One morning later and there are messages all over the internet about it, mostly on Google Groups. Was holding out for the best suggestion and here it is for anyone that runs into it. The culprit? Symantec Endpoint Protection.
If the client is unmanaged then , please perform the step below :
1) Back up the registry on an affected system.
2) Open the registry on the Agent system by entering regedit from a
3) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
4) Open the Start DWORD.
5) Change the value to 4 to disable the drivers.
6) Reboot the system to commit the changes.