Friday, December 12, 2008

Blonde's need not apply

I was talking to a lady from work who is very blond, much more blond
than any Uruguayan! So she tells me that she is going to stop walking
to and from work as she has been harassed to many times and she was
concerned for her safety. When she told me where she mostly gets
harassed I was surprised, the hill by the engineering school. In the
mornings I occasionally see some transients when I walk to work, they
are usually sleeping or just waking up, mostly there are taxi drivers in
the parking lot waiting for a dispatch and talking. In the afternoon
though it can be anything. Kids smoking pot, people relaxing in shady
spots, friends just getting together.
Mix all those people together and a very blond American woman walks by,
I can foresee some catcalls etc. from the peanut gallery.

It's to bad as she enjoys walking to work.

In the entire time I've been here I have only been approached once and
that was for a light.

No comments: